Are you interested in joining our team? Listed below are current career opportunities with us.
Preschool For All Coach
Early Childhood Professional Learning is currently seeking applicants for a grant funded coaching project initiative in collaboration with the Illinois State Board of Education*. This initiative is designed to enhance the educational opportunities for young children enrolled in community and school based preschool settings through job-embedded professional learning for administrators, teachers, and staff within these programs. Primary focus points are on program development, curriculum enhancement, data collection and analysis and to create and sustain high quality early learning environments and best practices in teaching and learning to improve outcomes for children and families.
This is a part-time contractual position with no paid benefits. Project typically begins in August and concludes in June with the potential for annual renewal. Identified programs receive a coach for 2 years and the number of programs assigned per coach varies. *This position is dependent on sufficient appropriations by the Illinois General Assembly. Final allocations to the ECBG can’t be determined until a final state budget is passed and ISBE is given spending authority.
Core Competencies (Or Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in early childhood education, child development, social work, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience as a preschool teacher, administrator, or early childhood leader
- Knowledgeable about early care and education including developmentally appropriate practice and classroom environments. Familiarity with the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards
- Responsive to linguistic and cultural diversity
- Experience with implementing change
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use technology to complete reports, track data, and enhance the work
- Experience or education related to working with adult learners preferred
- Ability to travel
- Support a caseload of programs as a primary coach, reviewing monitoring data, assessing needs, and supporting administrators, teachers, and program staff in meeting requirements of the block grant though job-embedded professional learning
- Plan and conduct on-site and virtual program visits utilizing project defined coaching model to engage programs in a process of focused observation, feedback and reflection within the context of a mutual learning partnership
- Create/support system of developing tools, strategies, and procedures for programs to engage in continuous quality improvement
- Attend scheduled in-person or virtual meetings for the coaching team and other professional learning as relevant
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest that includes qualifications for this position, a resume/CV, and reference contacts that include full name, title, relationship to applicant to: